*Affiliate links used. Full disclaimer details here.
It’s my second month trying out the beauty subscription box, Boxycharm. If you aren’t aware, Boxycharm is a $21/month subscription that sends you 4-5 FULL-SIZE beauty products from popular cosmetic brands. Last month, I had products from Tarte and Pretty Vulgar and this month, I got goodies from IT Cosmetics, Dr. Brandt, and PUR. If you want to see me create a look using the January box products and hear my thoughts on if this box was worth it, continue reading for my Boxycharm January 2018 review.
It costs $21 a month, but if you prepay 3, 6 or 12 months at once, you get a bit off. I opted for the 3-month plan for now and ended up paying ~19/month per box, $59 charged upfront.
If you refer friends to Boxycharm and review products in your box on the site, you earn CHARMS. CHARMS end up added up to cash off special beauty items also called CHARMS through the Boxycharm site. Example CHARMS include makeup bags, tools, etc.
So far, it hasn’t seemed anything special to me yet but maybe it’s because I don’t have any CHARMS yet!
*Update on CHARMS since December: I have earned some charms (not enough to redeem anything yet), but it seems that charms can be cash off purchases or free shipping from the Charm shop within their site. Last month, I didn’t see any worthwhile ‘charms’ to purchase, but this month, it seems there are a lot more quality options to buy/redeem your charms for! See below:
If you’re interested in learning more or signing up for Boxycharm, you can use my referral link here which will help me earn some CHARMS! Then I can let you all know how it goes.
boxycharm january 2018 product list
- Dr. Brandt Pores No More Luminizing Primer, $38 | Part of the Pores No More collection, this primer blurs imperfections with a natural, healthy glow.
- IT Cosmetics Brow Power Universal Eyebrow Pencil, $24 | Infused with brow-nourishing ingredients, this universally complimenting shade gives you natural looking brows with a spoolie tip for grooming.
- Crown Pro Glam Metals Eyeshadow Palette, $25 | A grunge-rock inspired collection of mostly shimmer and satin shades in a super-blendable formula – perfect for an edgy smokey eye look!
- PUR Cosmetics Bronze and Brighten Palette, $34 | A convenient 3-in-1 palette to give skin a sun-kissed glow no matter the time of the year.
- Girlactik Matte Lip Paint in Posh, $23 | Lightweight, long wearing and non-cracking/settling, this ultra comfortable liquid lipstick was one of the first (and best) on the market.
TOTAL VALUE: $144
boxycharm january 2018 review
Let’s just start with the facts: this box was awesome!
As soon as I saw leaks of the Girlactik lipstick, Dr. Brandt Primer, and IT Cosmetics Brow Pencil, I had little worries regarding if I’d think this palette would be a good value.
I *was* initially concerned the primer would make my oily skin too greasy, but oily ladies rejoice! This primer seems to work excellently on our more mattifying foundations to give a more natural-looking finish.
The IT Cosmetics Brow Pencil is one I’ve had in the past, and although I wish they sent us the micro-point pencil rather than the chunkier (original) version, I definitely make this one work and love that it can be pretty universal (unless you have straight black brows).
Crown Pro’s Glam Metals palette is a great complementary palette for those who love a more dramatic eye. Personally, I’m obsessed with three of the shades (Punk, Rock On, Pop Rock), but could do without the rest simply because I have similar shades in my collection. I’ll probably depot those three shades and keep them with my other singles.
My most loved item in the box is the PUR palette! The shades pack a huge punch, so you’ll definitely get your monies worth with the intense color payoff, and I just love the all glowy look this provides, particularly in these colder, drier winter months. I imagine it will still look awesome in the summer, too.
Lastly, the Girlactik lipstick is wonderful, as well. The formula reminds me exactly like ColourPop’s Ultra Satin Lips… which is my all time favorite liquid lipstick formula because it’s non drying, super comfortable and much more flattering than those crusty, super matte liquid lipsticks.
Major love to Boxycharm for knocking it out of the park for the 2nd month giving me lip colors I’d actually wear.
Sign up for BOXYCHARM here if you’re interested.
Want to see me use these products in action? Check it out on my YouTube channel and if you liked it, please subscribe or give it a thumbs up. I’d REALLY appreciate it!
As I said in December, since you’re getting all full sizes, it’s easy to see that this $21/month box was completely worth it at a $144 value.
For fun, if I were to price these items, I’d do so like this:
- Dr. Brandt Primer – $27 (I do think primers get a bit out of control with price and this one is nice but definitely expensive, so I had to drop it down a bit)
- IT Cosmetics Brow – $24 (stays the same; it’s worth the price for the ingredients and performance)
- Crown Palette – $19.99
- PUR Palette – $34 (worth it!)
- Girlactik lipstick – $17 (before ColourPop came out, I’d be a bit more forgiving with the $23 price, but now there are other similar options, so I have to lower the price to more comparable high-end brands)
TOTAL ‘STEFFANIE/BRIGHTER DARLING’ VALUE: $122
Again, still a kick ass value for $21. Want to try Boxycharm? Sign up here!
What did you think about my BOXYCHARM for January? Would you make use of these items or do you think it’s kind of dud?
Stay tuned for my last installment of BOXYCHARM reviews next month to see if I’ll be continuing this subscription.
Share this review with a friend if you think they’d like BOXYCHARM or have been thinking about trying it out!
If you’re ready to try BOXYCHARM, you can use my referral link which helps me earn charms by clicking here.
Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Bloglovin’ | SnapChat | *NEW* YouTube