*Affiliate links used. Full disclaimer details here.
Oh the joys of discovering affordable skin care that actually works!!! I find it so funny how everyone in the northeast is so shocked that March is looking like our coldest month of winter. NEWSFLASH: it usually is! I feel like people assume the worst of winter is December to February, but no. I recall many snowstorms love to hit RIGHT before we start to get hints of spring. With this blast of cold, many struggle with the worst dry skin of the year from head to toe, but Pixi Beauty has nailed an aesthetically pleasing (and Instagram-worthy) line of products to calm and heal that dry skin overnight. Meet the Pixi Rose Infused Skintreats line…
Some of the items in the Pixi Rose Infused Skintreats are not new. In fact, I have tried a few of the rose products in the past and weren’t totally impressed with them.
These would be the Makeup Fixing Mist with Rosewater and Green Tea, and the makeup melting cleansing cloths. The mist has a heavy amount of alcohol – which works to set makeup – but shouldn’t be used daily as it can dry out/irritate the skin. The wipes are fine, but just nothing to write home about.
However, there are a slew of new products to the rose collection and I tested out a full routine to see how they performed. As someone with more normal/combination skin these days, the line is not perfectly tailored to my specific skin type (a little too heavy for me every day), but MY GOODNESS… my skin looked and felt like I just left a facial!
pixi rose infused skintreats
For this review, I want to cover the products I feel really made a difference in my skin and would be absolutely wonderful on those with even drier skin than me.
It’s worth noting that I do feel these products work best together. I had tried the Essence and Balm on their own in the past, and they were nice, but not as good as they were when layered with all of these other beautiful products.
All of these products have a mild, natural rose fragrance. It’s not overwhelming to me and I’m fairly sensitive to scent. The smell seems to dissipate almost immediately upon application to the face.
Disclaimer: Pixi sends me their new collections complimentary for testing purposes. All opinions are my own and I am not compensated or required to review any of the products they send me. Some stuff I like, some I don’t. This is a collection I highly recommend.
- Cleanse with Rose Cream Cleanser ($18) – an aloe-based, extra gentle creamy cleanser with mineral mud and chamomile to soothe and soften the skin.
- Tone with Rose Tonic ($15) – created for sensitive skin, this toner has rose and elderflower to minimize redness, lightly hydrate, balance pH and is alcohol free. So gentle – it’s like using a witch hazel toner, but better!
- Moisturize layer 1 with Rose Caviar Essence ($24) – a watery serum to restore skin’s brightness and help heal.
- Boost radiance with moisture layer 2 Rose Flash Balm ($24) – the perfect product to perk up fatigued skin in a ‘flash.’ Includes rosewater as an antioxidant and olive leaf for smoothing.
- Intensely hydrate with the Rose Ceramide Cream ($24) – NEW and a true stand out product to the rose line, this potently rich moisturizer contains ceramides and probiotics to deeply hydrate and protect sensitive dry skin.
- Seal it in with Rose Oil Blend ($24)- packed with extra moisturizing oils like rose, pomegranate and vitamin E, this anti aging oil is perfect as the last step in your night-time skin care routine to wake up with glowing, healthy skin. Another stand out from the new rose line.
You can do these steps twice a day, but I would recommend saving the oil for night-time use and add in an SPF in the morning after the Rose Ceramide Cream (or in place of it, whichever you prefer).
I will reiterate – layering these products seem to be key in the intense hydration seen and felt. I had tried the Essence and Balm alone in the past and didn’t notice the same results.
Love that these products are sold at Target (or Pixi’s website) and at a fair price point, too! If you have been struggling with dry skin this winter (or year round) and need a serious pick-me-up in the radiance department, try this collection. I’m thoroughly impressed!
Have you tried anything from the Pixi Rose Infused Skintreats line? What do you think? Are you a rose fan?
Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Bloglovin’ |*NEW* YouTube