This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Olay. The opinions and text are all mine. #mySPFmatch #feeltheWhip
I started wearing SPF on my face by accident. It was during college when I started wearing mineral powder foundation (because who didn’t?) and I needed to use an affordable moisturizer suited for sensitive skin to help the foundation apply nicer. I turned to Olay back then for their Olay Complete All Day Moisturizer Sensitive Skin SPF15. Being in my 30s now, my skin care requirements are multi-faceted: I want long-lasting hydration, nothing heavy or greasy, must provide anti-aging benefits and protects my skin from the sun…exactly what you get from the new Olay Whips with SPF. If you want to know three key reasons why I wear SPF every day and why I think it’s a HUGE key to younger-looking, brighter skin then keep reading.
olay whips with SPF
When I was using Olay Complete All Day Moisturizer Sensitive Skin SPF15, I didn’t even pay attention to the fact that it had SPF in it. I just wanted an affordable, sensitive-skin friendly lightweight moisturizer. That product checked all those boxes – and some.
Now that I’m in my 30s, I need my skin care to pack a much larger punch.
- First of all, I despise the smell of sunscreen and the greasy/mask feel some formulas have.
- Second, I don’t want to add another extra step in my routine if I can help it. That means my SPF needs to be a combination of moisturizer and sun protection.
- Third, since I want an efficient routine to let me get out the door quickly in the morning, it’d be great if my SPF moisturizer can also provide some anti-aging benefits that works well under makeup.
Olay Whips Regenerist with SPF25 (found online at CVS here) has a similar lightweight, whipped texture and leaves a velvety matte finish – perfect under makeup. The Active Rush technology ensures although the formula feels breathable and water-light, it releases 1000x its weight in hydration.
It applies and absorbs into the skin quickly and evenly – no weird, gritty, patchy SPF-feeling!
BONUS: it smells fresh and light — NOTHING like sunscreen.
why i wear SPF every day
*Disclosure: I’m currently 32 years old. I don’t get filler or Botox or any other injectables. …Not that I’m against them if/when the time comes, just supplying background details into what I believe good skin care can do for you.*
I feel that my skin is in pretty great shape – minus the acne breakouts I struggled with when I was younger and still (moderately) do to this day. I don’t have wrinkles yet and very few fine lines. I don’t have sun spots and I don’t have any recent moles/freckles.
I attribute this to two main factors in my skincare routine: using retinol regularly and sunscreen daily since 2006 (when I was 20).
Here are the three biggest reasons I wear SPF every day:
- It protects my skin from acne scars/hyperpigmentation. If you pick at your skin (or pop a pimple) the mark left behind will last forever if the sun gets a chance to set its rays on it. Wearing SPF daily allows the skin to heal and protects marks and hyperpigmentation from getting darker.
- I don’t want ‘leather skin.’ We’ve all seen those images of people who have spent years baking in the sun with no sunscreen and what happens to their faces, in particular. That thickened skin with visible, enlarged pores is a look I’m not interested in. Sunscreen protects the skin from breaking down collagen, which is what helps keep our pores as plumped as possible and elasticity intact.
- I’m vain and don’t want melanoma scars. It’s no secret that I take pride in how I look. This is a beauty blog you’re reading, after all. Getting cancer on my face (or body, for that matter) terrifies me. I’d be so scared of having to cut out melanoma from my face. I mean, can you imagine!?
Yet 1 in 3 women still don’t wear SPF regularly and in the past decade (2008 – 2018) the number of new melanoma cases diagnosed annually has increased by 53 percent. (source: skincancer.org)
We have to protect our skin if we want to look youthful, well-rested and healthy… and what better way than by simply applying a lightweight moisturizing SPF like the Olay Whips with SPF25 every morning? Easy peasy.
Olay Whips with SPF25 can be found conveniently at a ton of retailers – including my favorite, CVS.
Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Bloglovin’ *NEW* YouTube
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Olay. The opinions and text are all mine.