*Affiliate links and/or PR Samples used. Full disclaimer details here.
It’s that time of the year where Sephora holds their 10-15% off everything sale in April! Starting this weekend, April 13, VIB Rouge will get 15% off their purchases and then the following weekend, VIB and BI’s will get 15% and 10% off, respectively. You can shop the sale as often as you want – it’s not a one-time use code – so shop early to ensure you get your must-haves first… then shop later for some treat-yourself moments. If you’re shopping the Sephora Spring Bonus Sale this week, here are my top picks and recommendations for your list…
shopping the sephora spring bonus sale 2018 – recommendations
My strategy is to first think about products you continuously use throughout the year.
Yes, it sucks to spend $100+ for a year’s worth of brow pencils, but because Sephora and Ulta DO tend to hold 20% off sales in November, just think about what you need to get you through until then. 3 brow pencils? 2 mascaras? A bottle of foundation? This is the time to get those things.
The second recommendation is to think about fragrance purchases.
These are high price items that most of us hate buying for ourselves, but I have an AMAZING deal to share with you that I got from Anti-Aging Amber on YouTube:
Check if your favorite fragrance or cologne is in one of the Sephora Fragrance Sampler gift sets. These are sets of several trial-size fragrances that include a voucher for a full-size of the fragrance you liked the most. They are always around $60 which is less than what you’d buy a full size for (1.7oz perfumes go for around $80+). BONUS for the 10-15% off!
For example, I’m a die-hard for Marc Jacobs Daisy perfume. The 1.7oz retails for $84. However, Daisy is included in the Sephora perfume sampler, priced at $65. I’ll get it for $55.25 with the 15% sale, then redeem my voucher for the 1.7oz Daisy perfume. That’s nearly $30 off for my fragrance of choice!
Last recommendation is shopping the sale-on-sale.
Don’t forget to peruse the sale section on Sephora because you’ll get an additional 10-15% off items already marked as low as 50% off. Be sure to read the reviews, though, because oftentimes these items are on sale for a good reason. However, I have certainly seen diamonds in the rough so be smart.
shopping the sephora spring bonus sale 2018 – top picks
Now that we got the essentials out-of-the-way, let’s take a look at some newer releases and tried-and-true products I think are worth a try.
- The Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder is a cult favorite for a reason, and although some may say the RCMA No Color Powder is a dupe, I personally found the RCMA to be very drying under the eye with regular use and went back to Laura Mercier’s.
- IT Cosmetics CC Cream is one I’ve been trying to get through in my Project Pan 2018. It’s definitely a multi-tasking skincare/makeup product that seems to keep my skin calm with continued use. I wear Medium Tan. Great for quick makeup days!
- The Make Up For Ever and Urban Decay lip pencils are my top favorites from Sephora for long-lasting, budge-proof wear that will keep your lipstick in place while also staining your lips long after the lipstick fades.
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Flawless Wear Concealer is an underdog product that more people are starting to take note of. If you find Tarte Shape Tape to be a bit unforgiving under the eyes, a bit drying and think NARS Creamy Radiant concealer doesn’t provide enough coverage, this is your best bet!
- Another Estee Lauder win is their Sumptuous Extreme mascara. For super black, extreme length and volume that’s very layerable without getting spidery, you gotta try this one. Plus, I love that the tube doesn’t dry out super fast like other high end mascaras I’ve tried.
- I’ve been using some Drunk Elephant skincare lately, and it’s mega-pricey. But I’m finding it to be worth it because a little goes a long way, it does what it says it will, and does so without irritating my sensitive skin. C Firma is a wonderful, lightly hydrating brightening serum, and TLC Framboos does a great job at keeping my skin clear.
I don’t necessarily think everyone needs high end shampoo and conditioners, but I do invest in high end styling products.
- Verb’s Sea Texture spray is brand new and a great product to use this spring/summer for that tousled, beachy, fluffy look.
- Moroccanoil Light Oil has been my hair oil of choice lately for its smoothing and shine-producing qualities prior to and after blowdrying. Plus, it smells absolutely incredible.
- One hair conditioner I DO have to recommend to those with color-treated or dry hair, is the Moroccanoil Restorative Mask. It’s pricey but OH SO WORTH IT! I’ve been using this 1-2x a week as my regular conditioner for years. It’s the only conditioner that keeps my super bleached ends from looking ratty and the only conditioner that lets me run a comb through it after shampooing. One tub lasts me a year, and it’s a staple for me.
- One tool I recommend that is NEW to Sephora is the Lightstim for Acne. I was so excited to see this on Sephora.com and reviewed it here. I love this LED light system to help calm, kill and prevent acne breakouts without overdrying my 30something skin.
I know this may not be the most exciting list of all time, but honestly, this particular Sephora sale isn’t that incredible.
If you shop from your favorite brand’s websites directly, oftentimes they have Friends and Family sales the week before or after this Sephora sale and offer 20-25% off. Plus, many items carry over to Ulta who offer much better rewards and often have 20% off sales, too.
Lastly, with all the new makeup releases that have been shoved down our throats lately, I filter through the BS quite quickly. Oftentimes, I try things myself and if I’m not blown away, I’m not going to sit here and recommend you repetitive crap (e.g. Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam palette. It’s pretty, but it’s repetitive and I used it for 3 days before pushing it to the side).
Moral of the story: shop smart during this sale. Don’t get caught up in the hype of 3242352 shiny new releases. Think about your staples because 10-15% off isn’t exactly apocalypse-worthy. 😉
What are you picking up from the sale? Did I miss something revolutionary? Do let me know!
Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | *NEW* YouTube