*Affiliate links used. Full disclaimer details here.
FYI, it’s past mid-June already. I feel like it was JUST April, yet here we are (even in NJ) rocking 90-degree weather. Hello, summer. If you’re like me and follow fashion bloggers but realize 90% of the clothes they are wearing costs more than your monthly grocery budget, this affordable Fourth of July outfit is certainly for you because my romper is legit $18 and my makeup is all from the drugstore. Before you go and think, “F that. I’m not wearing a onesie,” I’m also going to share some tips on rompers because I, too, think there are tricks to this look. If my outfit isn’t for you, I’ve partnered with fellow blogging buddy, The Jasmine Maria, on another affordable look.
Affordable Fourth of July Outfit
So Jasmine and I are both more beauty-focused bloggers but have been dabbling in style for a little bit to help our readers get to know us a bit better on a more personal level. However, we both prefer to invest our cash into an eyeshadow palette than a new top or shoes. While we were texting one day on where to find affordable clothes, I mentioned that I was trying out SheIn.com. Both of us placed orders and were pleasantly surprised with several of the pieces. Definitely take the measurements very seriously when ordering.
- Size up. I think this is the biggest tip I can provide. I always find that rompers cut into my crotch even though I have a fairly short torso. Sizing up helps.
- Look for cinched waists. When a romper is too loose throughout, yes, it seems comfy, but it makes you look like a toddler. Give yourself some shape so people know you are a full grown woman. 😉
- Do the sit-test. For some reason, the shorts on rompers are always on the shorter side. I like to make sure if I sit down, my butt is not completely sticking out on the chair.
Affordable Makeup Look
Haven’t seen me rock my LUXY HAIR EXTENSIONS in awhile, right!? I LOVE wearing these for the ultimate mermaid hair and excited to rock these for Fourth of July because they’re so voluminous yet have never slipped out of my hair. I am happy that I’m an affiliate with LUXY HAIR because I personally believe they’re the best for the price, so if you’re loving the look of my extensions, you can get your own for $5 off at checkout using code BRIGHTERDARLING5.
*In case you’re wondering, I’m wearing the 220g in Ash Blonde and balayaged them myself to match my light ash brunette roots.
- Foundation: Milani Conceal and Perfect
- Concealer: Wet n Wild Photo Focus Concealer
- Powder: Maybelline Better Skin Powder
- Blush: Wet n Wild Blush – Mellow Wine
- Highlight/Contour: Pixi by Maryam Maquillage Contour Palette
- Eye Primer: Milani Eye Primer
- Eyeshadow: Makeup Revolution Light Shade Palette (the warm tones; far right)
- Eyeliner: Physician’s Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Eyeliner – Ultra Black
- Mascara: Maybelline Lash Sensational
- Brows: NYX Brow Gel – Blonde
- Lip Liner: NYX Slide On Glide On Lip Pencil – Bedrose (on outer half) + Nude Suede Shoes (filled in)
- Lip Color: ColourPop Ultra Satin Lip – Strip
Don’t forget to check out this adorable affordable Fourth of July fashion with Jasmine Maria, also!
Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Bloglovin’ | SnapChat