This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of PANTENE. The opinions and text are all mine. Full disclaimer details here.
With the holidays in full swing and our budgets on high alert, I figured it was the perfect time to show my readers how I achieve a professional voluminous blow out at home. Perfect for all of your seasonal parties and events, this blow out will also last a few days to keep your hair looking beautiful and Instagram-worthy at all times. The best part is you can purchase ALL of the items used on Amazon – and they’re extra affordable by one of my favorite hair care brands. Get your blow dryer ready and let’s get to the tutorial…
If you were to come visit me and sneak a peek into my shower, you’d see a nice stash of Pantene shampoos and conditioners. I’ve been a big fan of Pantene’s products over the years because I always get bouncy, healthy results and I love the clean scent that lingers in my hair afterward. For this voluminous blow out at home, I opted for the Pantene Pro-V Sheer Volume collection and the Pantene Pro-V Airspray (hold level 3) because they’re ideal for creating volume, lift, and control. Everything is also conveniently sold on Amazon so you don’t even need to leave your house or deal with traffic and crowds during this time of the year!
To begin, here’s what you’ll need:
- Pantene Pro-V Sheer Volume Shampoo (on Amazon here)
- Pantene Pro-V Sheer Volume Conditioner (on Amazon here)
- A blow-dryer with a nozzle
- 6-9 hair clips (to section off your hair)
- 6-9 round boar-bristle hair brushes (it’s important they’re boar bristle to maintain shine)
- Pantene Pro-V Airspray, Hold Level 3 (on Amazon here)
- *optional, a sassy attitude and a fabulous event to go to
Scroll down to the end of the photos for step-by-step instructions…
How To Get A Voluminous Blow Out At Home
- Begin by shampooing and conditioning your hair with Pantene Pro-V Sheer Volume shampoo and conditioner. This duo is going to help give your hair volume, lift, and control. It’s also fortified with antioxidants to protect the hair’s surface which is going to help give more beautiful hair!
- Rough dry your hair using your fingers until it’s about 85-90% dry.
- Section off your hair into 6-9 areas (I do one on each side, two in the back, two on top). It’s important to twist each section of hair before you clip it up because this keeps the moisture/dampness in the hair so it will hold the style/volume better when set with the brushes. Trust me. 😉
- Starting from the back/bottom of your hair to the top, take a round boar bristle brush and continue to dry hair, pulling taut at the ends. Make sure you really smooth out that last couple of inches because you don’t want your ends to be frizzy/wrinkles when rolled up into the hairbrush.
- Roll section of hair up and under with the brush. Add a clip, if necessary, for stability. Continue to do this around your entire head.
- Once your entire head is set in hair brushes, give it a healthy blast of a flexible hold hairspray, like Pantene Pro-V Airspray. This is one of my favorite products when I style my hair because it doesn’t dry it out no matter how much you apply because it’s alcohol-free. Wait about five minutes for your hair to cool down and set.
- Gently release each section in the order you set it. Twirl each section around your finger to add a nice bend.
- Flip your head upside down and finger brush through. Flip it back over, style into place with your fingers and give a light spray with Pantene Pro-V Airspray.
ENJOY YOUR FABULOUS HAIR!
Sleep with your hair twisted up in a loose ballerina bun with an old-school scrunchie for maximum volume the next day!
Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Bloglovin’ | SnapChat
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of PANTENE. The opinions and text are all mine.