So the holidays are over and you have some gift cards burning a hole in your purse while fervently reviewing the plethora of options on Sephora.com and getting advice from your favorite YouTubers… or maybe that’s just me. Here’s my Sephora gift card ideas for what I plan to purchase and why. Let me know what your wish list items are in the comments!
1. Ardency Inn MODSTER Smooth Ride Supercharged Eyeliner, $19 // This line is fairly new to Sephora and I haven’t seen a full display for their products yet, but I (of course) swatched this eyeliner a couple of months ago in the brown shade. If you are a fan of the Urban Decay 24/7 liners, you’ll love the creamy pigment of these pencils. What’s even better is these happen to set and last way longer than the Urban Decay pencils. Once this brown set, it would not budge off my hand – I even had a hard time with makeup remover. For me, a long-wearing liner is a Godsend. The brown shade is great because it’s not too light. I’ve been using the NARS brown eyeliner lately and the color is a bit too light. It can make me look tired (think: red-brown). This Ardency Inn pencil is more chocolate-black-brown.
2. NARS Multiple in Portofino, $39 // The NARS Multiples have been around forever, but I’ve never been a cream blush kind of girl until I watched this “No makeup makeup” look. As I mentioned in a previous post, as I approach my 30s, I am embracing a more luminous and less matte look. This just seems like a great product to have for those quick makeup days, as well as, something I could use year-round.
3. BARESKIN by BareMinerals Pure Brightening Serum Foundation, $29 // I’m doing a pretty good job of getting through a couple of bottles of foundation in my current rotation, so I have been eyeing a replacement. My little sister has been a die-hard BareMinerals fan for years, but recently tried this formula and raved about it. My sister-in-law also loves it. I have a few different foundations I use for different occasions (long wearing/full coverage, everyday, sheer), so this would replace my current everyday formula. I picked up a sample today, so I’ll see how it goes.
4. Laura Mercier Velour Puff, $12 // This is a random one, right? I have a synthetic latex sponge/puff I’ve been using for years to apply powder to my face/set my makeup (I find it works better than just dusting powder all over with a brush), but I only have one of them. Since I’m pretty diligent about cleaning my makeup applicators, this puff seemed like the perfect addition for days my sponge is taking a bath. This puff is pretty ‘puffy’ and very soft, so I’m excited about trying it. It was also in that No Makeup Makeup video -__-.
5. TooFaced Melted Lipstick in Melted Fig, $21 // Ever since rocking that fun red lip for the holidays, I’m totally loving brighter and bolder lips! I really think they make my lips look fuller. Since I’m trying to diversify my lipstick shade portfolio, the Melted Fig shade is a great option. It’s not too purple, not too mauve, and not too fuchsia. The formula provides a great sheen/gloss with totally opaque coverage, and I love that it does stain your lips a bit. Who has time for reapplying? I’ve definitely tested this on my hand more than once, so you have my word. 🙂
Let me know what you’re lusting after in the comments!